The first step to syncing your Google Calendar in Outlook is to locate the “secret address in iCal format.” Using this secret address, you can view an updated copy of the Google Calendar in your Outlook, and any changes you make in Google Calendar will automatically be reflected in Outlook in roughly 24 hours.
Here’s what you need to do to get your Google Calendar’s secret address (via Google Support):
- Log in to calendar.google.com if you haven’t already.
- In the left-hand panel under My calendars, choose your calendar and click on the three vertical dots next to it.
- Select “Settings and sharing” from the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page to “Integrate calendar.”
- Under this section, click on the copy icon next to “Secret address in iCal format.” It will now be ready for use.
It’s strongly suggested to keep the secret address private. If you have already shared it with anyone, you can simply reset the address from the Google Calendar settings to invalidate the previous address.